I have been in survival mode this whole month. Having three small children is a lot harder than I thought it would be. I didn’t think having two kids was very difficult. More challenging than just one, of course, but not that difficult. Now that it’s so crazy with three I’m realizing that it was probably because Big Sis was such an easy kid…a pretty good listener for a two year old and capable of being quiet! Little Sis is a crazy kid. She is super loud and is in a really defiant stage right now. And she’s been getting up early lately. The girls usually sleep in until 7:30 or 8:00 but lately she’s been getting up closer to 6:30 or 7:00. Little Bear is a good sleeper but he has not started to sleep longer stretches yet so he wakes up every three hours to eat. I spend 30-45 minutes feeding, burping and changing diapers each time so I only get to sleep in 2 hour increments…maybe…because sometimes he fusses a bit before falling back to sleep or Big Sis or Little Sis wake up with bad dreams. So I’m exhausted in the mornings and end up handing the girls my ipad to watch Netflix so I can stay in bed far too long and then get very little done throughout the day! Hopefully things will get easier soon! I feel great now as far as recovery goes. Recovery went really well and I am excited to share my birth story.
Today though I thought I would share why I am glad that I’m no longer pregnant. Haha. It’s good to remember to be thankful when things are difficult…if you’ve been pregnant, can you relate to any of these?
REASONS I’M GLAD PREGNANCY IS OVER
– I can give hugs without having to turn a little to the side
– I don’t have to worry about running into the counter or getting my stomach too close to the stove when I’m cooking
– I am skinnier sideways than I am front-ways…so I can turn sideways to squeeze past something and it actually makes sense again 🙂
– I can sleep on my stomach!
– I can eat at a sushi restaurant without people looking at me funny (yes, people who are giving me judgmental looks, you can eat sushi when you are pregnant, you just have to make sure everything is cooked!)
– I still have trouble finding clothes that fit, but at least they cover my whole body. The last month of pregnancy I had a hard time keeping even my largest maternity shirts all the way down to completely cover my stomach at all times.
– I can do things without having to worry about whether or not I’m going to go into labor
– People are too focused on the cute baby to comment on my body…but even if they weren’t…
– I’m not huge anymore!!
– I can twist and pop my back when it hurts (seriously, so exciting!)
– I sleep really well. I don’t get much sleep but the sleep I get is fantastic. I am comfortable and fall asleep so fast.
– I am not in pain….no back pain, hip pain, or baby practicing ninja moves inside of me pain
– And best of all, of course, I get to snuggle my sweet baby boy!